Nursing is the protection, promotion, and optimization of health and abilities, prevention of illness and injury, alleviation of suffering through the diagnosis and treatment of human response, and advocacy in the care of individuals, families, communities, and populations.

Japan accepts nurse applications from Philippines

December 9, 2009,  POEA The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) Wednesday announced the start of the recruitment of the second batch of caregivers and nurses under the Japan-Philippines Economic Partnership Agreement (JPEPA) on the Movement of Natural Persons.

POEA and the Japan International Corporation of Welfare Services (JICWELS) said applicants for nurses must be BSN graduates with board license at least three years experience.
Applicants for caregivers must be graduates from any four year course and certified as caregiver by the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA); or a graduate from nursing school with no board license.

The POEA said qualified applicants must personally submit the following documents to the Manpower Registry Division, ground floor, POEA Bldg, Ortigas corner EDSA, Mandaluyong City or register online at A detailed resumè; diploma; transcript of records; Professional Regulation Commission license; employment certificates; valid TESDA certificate; original and photocopy of first page of valid passport; and one 2x2 picture.

“Qualified applicants from Cebu and Davao shall personally submit the above mentioned documents to the POEA Regional Offices in these regions,” POEA said in its website.
The Japanese government earlier said that it expects the arrival of the second batch of Filipino nurses and caregivers next year under the JPEPA.

Kazuhiko Shimizu, deputy director for Second Southeast Asia Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), said that the first batch of caregivers had already started their training in Japan.

Thirty Filipino candidate caregivers were sent to Japan last Sept. 27.

Under the JPEPA, Filipino nurses and caregivers have to take a two- to four-year school course in Japan. They must also pass the licensure examination to be certified care workers in Japan.


Post a Comment